long as there is breath in my body
Typically, as we do these normal activities we engage in a constant
mental commentary, sort of an inner "The Drama of Me." Usually
people aren't fully aware of all the mental thought activity that we
are constantly engaged in. Meditation allows all this activity to settle
down, and often results in the mind becoming more peaceful, calm and
Experiences during meditation probably vary significantly from one
individual to another, or at least if different techniques are involved.
As well, since meditation involves becoming more aware and more sensitive
to what is within you, facing unpleasant parts of oneself may well
be part of meditation.
Some people use the formal concentrative meditation as a preliminary step to practicing a mindfulness meditation during the day where one tries to maintain a calm but increased awareness of one's thoughts and actions during the day.
For some people, meditation is primarily a spiritual practice, and in some cases the meditation practice may be closely tied to the practice of a religion such as, for example, Hinduism or Buddhism.
3. How is meditation different from relaxation, thinking, concentration
Thinking: Thoughts generally consume energy in the process of their formation. Constant thought-activity, especially of random nature, can tire the mind and even bring on headache. Meditation attempts to transcend this crude level of thought activity. Through regular practice one becomes aware that they are not their thoughts but that there is an awareness that exists independent of thought.
Concentration: Meditation begins with concentration, but after an initial period of concentration, thought activity decreases and keeping the awareness focused becomes more spontaneous. At this point the person may or may not continue to employ the object of concentration.
Self-hypnosis: Self-hypnosis, like meditation, involves at least an initial period of concentration on an object. However in hypnosis one does not try to maintain an awareness of the here-and-now, or to stay conscious of the process. Instead one essentially enters a sort of semi-conscious trance.
4. What are the different meditation techniques?
Typical objects employed include a candle flame or a flower. Some
people use pictures, such as a mandala - a highly colored symmetric
painting - or a picture of a spiritual teacher in a high meditative
state. Mantras are sounds which have a flowing, meditative quality and may be repeated
out loud or inwardly. The breath is also a common focal point. Finally,
guided visualization is also considered by some to be a form of meditation.
7. Is there any religious implication or affiliation with meditation?
8. Does meditation have any ethical implications?
Many people also meditate either before dinner or later in the evening.
Others also meditate at noon. A short meditation at these times allows
one to throw off some of the accumulated stress of the work-day and
become rejuvenated for further activity.
BALANCE IS THE KEY to mastery in a human
being. Meditation is the foremost technique for achieving balance and
addressing the challenge of human mastery. Throughout history, such mastery
was the result of many years of arduous training and hours-a-day spent
in isolated meditative practice. In our contemporary Western society,
very few of us devote our time to create such a disciplined and rigorous
When first learning meditation it is usually not possible to meditate for more than 10-15 minutes. After regular practice for awhile, one becomes able to meditate for longer periods of time. Many people meditate twice-daily for 20-30 minutes each time, but the right duration and frequency is for each individual to decide.
Do I need a meditation teacher?
The short answer is no if you are going to use modern technologies
The Frequency-Following Effect
In the 1940s researcher Gray Walter discovered that brainwave activity tends to mirror flickering light, particularly in the alpha and theta frequencies. This effect has become known as the "frequency-following effect." A familiar example is the tendency to slip into a relaxed or dream-like state while gazing into a fire the flicker rate of which happens to average in the alpha/theta range!
More recently, sound has been shown to produce similar results, particularly pulsed sound and binaural beats. This last effect, binaural, results when one ear hears a pure tone of a slightly differing pitch than the other ear. The brain then actually synthesizes the difference between the two. The portions of the brain associated with hearing tend to fall into step with this pleasant, gently pulsing rhythm. The combination of pulsed light and binaural beat frequencies can be a particularly effective tool for relaxation and preparation for meditation. Pulsed sound in the form of musical rhythms has been entraining people for thousands of years.
Monks, Shamans, Drum Beats, Primitive Cultures, Rhythmic Sound & The Brain
Studies have shown that vibrations from rhythmic sounds have a profound
effect on brain activity. In shamanic traditions, drums were used in
periodic rhythm to transport the shaman into other realms of reality.
The vibrations from this constant rhythm affected the brain in a very
specific manner, allowing the shaman to achieve an altered state of
mind and journey out of his or her body .
There are frequencies/rhythms which when dominant in the brain correlate with a specific state of mind. There are generally 4 groupings of brain waves:
1. Beta waves range between 13-40 HZ. The beta state is associated with peak concentration, heightened alertness and visual acuity. Nobel Prize Winner, Sir Francis Crick and other scientists believe that the 40HZ beta frequency used by using light and sound tools and many Brain Sync tapes may be key to the act of cognition.
2. Alpha waves range between 7-12 HZ. This is a place of deep relaxation, but not quite meditation. In Alpha, we begin to access the wealth of creativity that lies just below our conscious awareness - it is the gateway, the entry point that leads into deeper states of consciousness. Alpha is also the home of the window frequency known as the Schuman Resonance, which is the resonant frequency of the earth's electromagnetic field.
3. Theta waves range between 4-7 HZ. Theta is one of the more elusive and extraordinary realms we can explore. It is also known as the twilight state which we normally only experience fleetingly as we rise up out of the depths of delta upon waking, or drifting off to sleep. In theta we are in a waking dream, vivid imagery flashes before the mind's eye and we are receptive to information beyond our normal conscious awareness. During the Theta state many find they are capable of comprehending advanced concepts and relationships that become incomprehensible when returning to Alpha or Beta states. Theta has also been identified as the gateway to learning and memory. Theta meditation increases creativity, enhances learning, reduces stress and awakens intuition and other extrasensory perception skills. When the brain is in Theta it appears to balance sodium/potassium ratios which are responsible for the transport of chemicals through brain cell membranes. This appears to play a role in rejuvenating the fatigued brain.
4. Delta waves range between 0-4 HZ. Delta is associated with deep sleep. In addition, certain frequencies in the delta range trigger the release of Growth Hormone beneficial for healing and regeneration. This is why sleep, deep restorative sleep is so essential to the healing process.
Here's how Michael Hutchison describes
the experience of using mind machines in the book Megabrain:
Your brain is now functioning more effectively than it was before. Your memory both your ability to memorize new information and to recall information you have already learned has increased dramatically. Your ability to think creatively, to solve problems, has expanded. The speed with which your brain cells pass messages among themselves has increased. In fact, many of your brain cells have actually grown a microscopic examination would show that the brain cells have developed more dendrites, the branching filaments that carry messages from one cell to another, and more synapses, the junctures between the brain cells across which impulses are transmitted. You are more intelligent than you were a half hour before.
Such devices now exist and are being used by increasing numbers of people.
So begins Michael Hutchison's book Megabrain ("Mega" derived from the Greek word for great or powerful).
According to Michael Hutchison “In addition to the physiological benefits many people report personal transformations. Some well-known musicians such as Pete Townsend, Eric Clapton and Keith Richards were treated with CES for drug addiction. They as well as others report that not only were they able to get off drugs but they experienced a transformation. They no longer had addictive personalities.”
The Mind Electric
We have "electric-powered" brains: all our thoughts and
perceptions consist of complex networks of electrical currents and
electromagnetic fields that sweep across the brain. So it makes sense
that electrical stimulation of the brain can alter your mental state.
CES units have long been prescribed by doctors for therapeutic reasons, including the treatment of anxiety, depression, insomnia, and chemical dependency. Many users have reported that CES can help them learn to enter a relaxed but alert state conducive to high level mental performance that may include increased memory, concentration IQ and Deep meditative states. As a result, increasing numbers of healthy people are turning to CES machines for quick, non-drug relaxation, and as tools for "supercharging" the brain.
It is an exciting time in which we are living. The
age-old polarity between physics and metaphysics is breaking down.
In this integration we have the spiritual ideal manifesting on the
physical plane as well as physical proof validating the spiritual ideal.
Thus philosophy and science are beginning to embrace the one truth.
We now have our own private users MSN group
For those that have purchased our Rife/crane Ces unit there are now new frequency lists, and an FAQ on our web page
illness ? medical professionals told you or a loved one
Waves That Heal
14-21 days delivery
Disclaimer: To comply with FDA requirements we need to inform you the fact that a lot of people have had tremendous results does not guarantee that you will have the same results. Also, if you have a serious medical condition, this use of this technology should not replace any competent medical advice you are currently receiving. Our experiences have been that most people will use this technology while continuing to visit their usual/normal medical professionals
A SITE DEDICATED TO TRUTH, PEACE, JUSTICE, LOVE
"As long as there
is breath in my body
-----------LET PEACE AND PEACE
AND PEACE BE EVERYWHERE.............
FAIR USE NOTICE: This may contain copyrighted
(C ) material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized
by the copyright owner. Such material is made available for educational
purposes, to advance understanding of human rights, democracy, scientific,
moral, ethical, and